Monday, February 24, 2014

A Portrait of Motherhood

Recently I was scrolling through my husband Facebook album of our daughter and came across this little gem.

He took the picture last summer at about six months postpartum. It totally captures my motherhood experience. Exhaustion, pajamas, messy hair, and a little baby finally comfortable hanging out on tummy.

Most of our friends "liked" this photo and left comments as to how gorgeous motherhood looked on me despite how tired I must have been. I laugh now as I read these comments because at the time I was going through the lowest period in my postpartum depression. My girl had started the second round of teething and working full-time with lack of sleep had gotten the better of me.

Even so this is probably my favorite picture in the album because it highlights that I was doing the best I could with what I had. Even if it meant collapsing for a two-second shuteye next to my baby as she practiced rolling on the floor mid day. Plus I love the "oh-oh" look on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment